Your Ad Here

Poll: Does Sony Have the Right to Put a Rootkit on your PS3?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW

• Yes, definitely.
• NO! that's insane.
• Don't know. Don't care.
• What PS3 rootkit?!


Over 51,000 visitors on JAILBREAKSCENE.COM have seen this news and now we want to know what you think, by voting!

Lv2 kernel decrypter released by graf_chokolo



Developer graf_chokolo has been busy cooking up a lv2 kernel decrypter and now it's ready for your consumption.
"I just release my lv2 kernel decrypter.

You need metldr, lv2ldr, RL_FOR_PROGRAM.img and lv2_kernel.self.
You have first to dump your metldr from FLASH memory.

lv2ldr you will find also in your FLASH memory or in decrypted CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg from PUP files.
RL_FOR_PROGRAM.img is a revoke list for programs and can be also found in PUP files.
lv2_kernel.self is on your FLASH memory or in decrypted CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg.

First I send all files to PS3 and store them in memory. After that i load metldr in isolation mode and pass it the address of lv2ldr. The code is very low level and many things are done by directly manipulating SPU registers

If you have any questions or problems then feel free to contact me or ask here. I will try to help you.
I will try to document my findings on my homepage.

I also uploaded a code which can communicate with USB Dongle Authenticator by using Dispatcher Manager without using any GameOS functions It’s exactly what GameOS does, just low level.

Have fun guys! "
- graf_chokolo

Here's a pastie of lv2_kernel.self from v1.10 firmware decrypted.

Via PSXscene
Source github

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here