Your Ad Here

Poll: Does Sony Have the Right to Put a Rootkit on your PS3?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW

• Yes, definitely.
• NO! that's insane.
• Don't know. Don't care.
• What PS3 rootkit?!


Over 51,000 visitors on JAILBREAKSCENE.COM have seen this news and now we want to know what you think, by voting!

New PS3 exploit found via the use of PlayStation Move demo disc (video)

ImageShack, share photos, pictures, free image hosting, free video hosting, image hosting, video hosting, photo image hosting site, video hosting site

A forum member from psgroove.com who goes by the name HKKory has discovered a new PS3 exploit. This exploit was hiding in the PlayStation Move demo disc but now has been exposed to the public. You can use it to install homebrew (.PKG file) applications onto your jailbroken PS3. The only thing I’m wondering is whether this can be used for other purposes because using this exploit to install homebrew applications on a jailbroken PS3 is rather umm… useless--since you can already do that with a jailbroken PS3.
The PS3 homebrew news has seemed to slow down, a lot. So I thought I would start making some news. I noticed the demo disc that came with my move, runs off the XMB, and installs demos. I pondered if the same method could be used for homebrew, or whatever. I backed it up with my manager, and looked in the files. I realized the installs were DATA000.PKG So I renamed a emulator to that, copied it over to move folder, and installed it. Now I'm not a coder, so I would like to turn this news over to anyone that could make some use of it to further our efforts. But please, remember to credit me, if you work further upon this discovery.
Here are the Details:
-Back up Move Demo Disc (10GB)
-Select Install Disc
-Make sure a Disc is in the Drive
-Open Your File Manager
- Open Dev0HD
-Go to folder with rips
-Navigate to BCUS-98263
-PS3_EXTRA
-D001 - D012 have the pkg files.
-Rename desired .pkg to DATA000.PKG(USE CAPITALS ON THE .PKG)
-Paste back into D001
-Go to XMB, Select the disc, Select the second tab (Or the one you change)
-Install, and launch.
I also managed to get my playstation to ask me to install firmware on my HDD, the screen you get when you put in a new HDD. Just put a blank .pkg file and try to install it.
If you do not have the move disc, I can supply the files to make your own. Minimal size, not the 10GB. This could be something, or nothing at all. But a new way to install your pkgs at least.



source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here